- Accessibility is, quite simple. So why do agile teams struggle to achieve it?
- Dylan Barrell, CTO of Deque Systems, will talk about the challenges organizations face when implementing accessibility and will give you the agile practices that make accessibility an integral part of the development process.
- Jump start your career by becoming the expert in agile accessibility transformation.
STAREAST 2018 - Industry Technical Presentations
Get solutions to your top testing & QA challenges by attending the Industry Technical Presentations (ITPs). Offered alongside the concurrent sessions in 1-hour time slots, these presentations give you the opportunity to learn first-hand how solution providers have implemented their products and services in the real world. These solution providers are often on the leading edge of new technologies, tools, and practices and offer conference attendees a window into their future.
Industry Technical Presentations with full descriptions will be added to the conference site about 3-4 weeks before the live event.
In the meantime, join our mailing list and be the first to receive updates on the ITPs and other conference program updates.
Wednesday, May 2
- See how to leverage Machine Learning for Selenium script creation and maintenance, allowing for in-sprint automation
- Augment Selenium with Object Recognition engines and Keyword-driven frameworks to drive script reusability
- Implement Test Data Management that auto-builds and auto-maintains test data sets via referential access of application metadata
• Companies are waking up to the fact that testing must occur during all stages of development
• Consequently, they are seeking new tools and solutions to achieve Continuous Testing
• Testing is the linchpin for Agile companies to achieve their goal of Digital Transformation
Join this session to learn:
- Evolution of manual testing role in the era of digital transformation
- Prove your ROI in the age of test automation: emerging career paths for manual testers
- Leverage technology to your advantage: best practices of getting started with Visual AI
- Learn why continuous testing falls short of its promise
- What is autonomous testing
- How can enterprises leverage autonomous testing to accelerate DevOps
This presentation will provide:
• Benefits of a robust test automation framework
• Details on the key components of a proven framework
• Tips to implement a UFT automation framework
- When, how, and what to automate for successful continuous testing.
- How to implement test case reviews without slowing progress.
- Ways to streamline work handoffs in the testing process.
- Introducing the Advanced Specialist track
- How Test Automation certification improves your automation efforts
- Why Security Testing certification is not just about penetration testing
• What are the blockers hurting organizations from modernizing their devOPS and testing approach to become agile
• How to embed quality across the SDLC, step by step, pragmatically
• Breaking down the dev-OPS wall by introducing production insight as current sprint activity
- Attendees will learn how to implement DevOps strategy with automation of Release management
- Integration of the DevOps methodology with critical technology and CI processes will be discussed
- Understanding of what DevOps roles are required along with CI SDETs
- How to speed up your development with a design first mind set
- Virtualizing services and dependencies to enhance collaboration between developers & testers
- End-to-End testing strategies for an immature product
Thursday, May 3
- Current challenges of test automation
- How to leverage AI to overcome software quality pitfalls
- Steps teams need to take now to be prepared for the future of testing
Learn how to:
• Automatically create meaningful API tests that can validate your applications without requiring a UI or knowledge of the API
• Convert manual testing activities into meaningful API test cases with assertions and validations to ensure your APIs work as intended
• Leverage these tests within the powerful Parasoft SOAtest solution to build intelligent scenario tests that can be extended to cover more application logic, and can reproduce and expose defects to be easily shared with dev and test teams
- Shift-Left and Shift-Right no longer guarantee an application's success.
- Testing is evolving. More focus is needed on features that are useful to your customer and how they feel about it.
- The relationship between Company and Customer is no longer transactional. Both need a deep, meaningful relationship. How do you test for that?
Learn how to enable visibility and end-to- end traceability of all testing activities within the Jira environment to deliver high-quality software to market faster. Gain practical insights on the benefits of using a test management tool like SynapseRT within Jira in a complex and challenging business environment
- Requirements for an efficient test management app
- Traceability triangle: stories, defects, and test cases
- Test plan reusability
- Integrating test automation
• Overview of how to run your automated Selenium tests in the Sauce Labs cloud
• Decrease the amount of time it takes your suite to run by executing tests in parallel
• Ensure your apps work all of the time with functional testing on real devices
- Provide an approach to predictive analysis using cognitive algorithms to derive testing insights
- Enable our clients to achieve accelerated and optimized quality through robotics
- Improve efficiencies by leveraging ChatBot and other interactive mediums as virtual testing resources
- Implementing DevOps at Scale Using Dynamic Test Environments
- A practical approach to implementing DevOps at scale for an entire organization
- How automated testing platforms such as Sauce Labs and Blazemeter can be integrated in this process
- The capacity to conduct large scale automated testing
- Company-wide visibility of test results
- Radically increased productivity and reduced delivery times