This session covers areas different areas namely test automation for 3rd party products and in-house built apps, Performance testing, SOA testing, QMO Implementation, Global test delivery team and sophisticated Metrics dashboard. Purpose of this session is to help you provide ideas that you can try in your respective organizations to transform testing to the next level.
STAREAST 2017 - Industry Technical Presentations
Get solutions to your top testing & QA challenges by attending the Industry Technical Presentations (ITPs). Offered alongside the concurrent sessions in 1-hour time slots, these presentations give you the opportunity to learn first-hand how solution providers have implemented their products and services in the real world. These solution providers are often on the leading edge of new technologies, tools, and practices and offer conference attendees a window into their future.
Industry Technical Presentations with full descriptions will be added to the conference site about 3-4 weeks before the live event.
In the meantime, join our mailing list and be the first to receive updates on the ITPs and other conference program updates.
Wednesday, May 10
This presentation shares 5 key lessons learned from the journey. These lessons are common across organizations and share pragmatic insight into how to successfully transition into a highly effective, efficient and quality-driven testing environment to drive better business outcomes.
If you’re responsible in any way for the outcome of your application development and deployment, you can’t miss this session.
3 Things You’ll Learn:
- What to do and not do when automating your application testing
- How record and playback will kill your...
• Benefits delivered in increased coverage and test case reduction
• Optimized test cases in Gherkin formats to drive a test automation framework for BDD testing
• Creation of a “Single Source of Truth” document for maintenance and communication across testing groups
• Adoption of combinatorial test design at enterprise scale
- How performance testing can be adopted by an agile development process
- What the success factors for automated Performance Testing are
- A walk-through of Apica’s LoadTest platform
- How APM integration will make testing more effective
- Lyft has grown into a multibillion dollar enterprise that is essential to the lives of millions in a short few years by emphasizing the customer experience.
- In this session, Heather and Kristel will present the key tenets of building a scalable QA practice to drive growth in a highly competitive space.
- We will talk about Lyft’s mobile QA best practices and learnings that enabled the engineering team to deliver a consistently high customer experience.
Sprint is going through a testing transformation. Like most organizations, their testing department is expected to deliver results at higher velocity and quality, yet with 50% less resources. While testing must become more agile, they look at testing as a critical step in their journey to achieve continuous delivery. To make this a reality, Sprint is turning to value-added solutions to provide synthetic generation of test data to reduce time-wasting processes, and to optimize their test cases to realize maximum test coverage. See how Sprint is accomplishing these goals to make sure their...
- An overview of common accessibility testing concerns and challenges
- Best practices and methodologies for integrating accessibility testing into existing QA processes
- And an in-depth look at tools that can help drive automation up and costs down
- Attendees will learn growing changes in Automation and Continuous Integration
- Audience will learn how Open Source tools can be used and how to integrate with your Software Development and Business Needs
- Session will demonstrate what new requirements are for Test Engineer skills within CI automation
• Why are we in the Perfect Storm?
• Why Software Testing Must Fundamentally Change
• The Role of the Tester will be Elevated
Thursday, May 11
- Understand why GUI performance translates to true user engagement
- See how to test any device, app, browser (including mobile, tablet, desktop, server, and IoT devices) in the same way a user does
- Learn how an image-based testing approach to GUI testing puts you at the center of the real User Experience
- Simulate dependent systems quickly, easily, with full functionality
- Use virtualization to resolve resource scheduling conflicts
- Get fresh test environment every time with worry of proper state or cleanup
One of the roadblocks on the journey from Waterfall to Agile is enabling the team to actually execute continuous integration, continuous testing, and continuous delivery. As a result, software quality is suffering as agile teams release products that are not up to par.
Join us as we explore the challenges faced by teams implementing DevOps as they struggle to achieve the Agile dream. We will also demonstrate a working process that ensures continuous testing and continuous delivery of high quality software.
- How continuous delivery enables agile app development and automated testing
- Key strategies for optimizing manual and automated testing
- Ways to apply continuous delivery in real-world examples
- Embrace DevOps practices using the power of open source
- Easily record, run, export and manage Selenium scripts for “industrial/enterprise” use cases
- Deliver true cross browser/device testing automation solutions for your environment
- How to turn technical testing on its head
- Digital transformation is not just about development – business testing demands a revolution
- What does the business demand from our testing solutions
- Overview of how to run your automated Selenium tests in the Sauce Labs cloud
- Decrease the amount of time it takes your suite to run by executing tests in parallel
- Ensure your apps work all of the time with functional testing on real devices
- Why global/social markets make Localization Testing more important than ever
- How to develop an effective localization test strategy
- Evaluating the testing options - In-lab vs. In-country/market vs. crowd
- Why you should be testing the GUI and the API
- Testing across all the environments your customers use
- Developers, Automation Engineers, Testers – Everyone should contribute
• Why data represents the most significant bottleneck in the SDLC
• Best practices for securing and delivering test data
• How to integrate cutting-edge TDM technologies into DevOps initiatives
• How industry leaders are leveraging a platform-based approach to TDM
- The performance of your application has become an essential part of your acceptance criteria
- Using an APM tool along with your testing—manual, automated and performance—will aid in identification and resolution of performance issues _sooner in your development lifecycle
- We will show a demo of how these tools are integrated and used
- Link development artifacts to speed time-to- market
- Accelerate and simplify testing and analysis
- Increase the visibility of code and design problems
Join Danny McKeown, Paychex’s lead test enterprise automation architect, to see how a small tools group supports nearly one-hundred agile teams as they move toward achieving continuous delivery. Take part in the conversation to understand how Paychex is progressing in the third year of its agile transformation. Danny describes how this IT-wide initiative has impacted how the tools group supports so many teams and changed its own practices to provide more timely support. With the goal of increasing velocity, a solid automation strategy has become a powerful enabler. Danny describes how...