- What is usage based testing and how can it seamlessly integrate with your current testing process & your Organization?
- What is Exploratory testing and how it can measurably increase quality when used with other execution channels like classical automation or AI automation or manual?
- Choice between Crowdsource or Automation or AI automation or manual testing - which one makes sense? When?
- Speed of regression execution and the value that can add to the organization.
- How you can scale up and down with usage based testing as needed
STAREAST 2019 - Industry Technical Presentations
Get solutions to your top testing & QA challenges by attending the Industry Technical Presentations (ITPs). Offered alongside the concurrent sessions in 1-hour time slots, these presentations give you the opportunity to learn first-hand how solution providers have implemented their products and services in the real world. These solution providers are often on the leading edge of new technologies, tools, and practices and offer conference attendees a window into their future.
Industry Technical Presentations with full descriptions will be added to the conference site about 3-4 weeks before the live event.
In the meantime, join our mailing list and be the first to receive updates on the ITPs and other conference program updates.
Wednesday, May 1
• Generate a massive army of data with a radical new approach to test data management
• Prepare for the attack by using service virtualization and stateful simulation
• Get a high-level view of the battlefield by aggregating quality data across your test automation practices
- Discussions of an effective test approach for multinational eCommerce Projects
- Mitigation strategies for technical and project management challenges
- Successful roll-out of global eCommerce Platform
- Overview of how to run your automated Selenium tests in the Sauce Labs cloud
- Decrease the amount of time it takes your suite to run by executing tests in parallel
- Ensure your apps work all of the time with functional testing on real devices
- ASTQB's ongoing "Observatory" function tracking technical and professional trends
- Shorter-term challenges and opportunities: IoT, machine learning, autonomous systems
- Longer-term possibilities in cryptography, quantum computing, other disruptive technical and professional changes
Join this session to learn:
• Where AI can deliver the greatest impact to software testing
• Whether AI will soon take over software testing
• The next steps testers need to take
- How to build a seamless continuous testing experience vs integrations
- Key benefits of an architecture that is personalized to your organization
- End-to-end testing strategies that brings together people and processes
- Today's development teams are asked to build better code, faster
- This means that code must be tested more quickly causing teams to look at shift-left testing
- New tools are needed for shift-left testing to occur
- Melissa will present the top five “do nots” that testers have introduced in to the industry.
- We will discuss these items in detail – why they were introduced and some of the mis-perceptions they have propagated.
- We will then discuss what to replace those “do nots” with and how those suggestions allow for a more innovative approach to the industry.
Thursday, May 2
- In a lot of ways, accessibility is talked about and practiced as if it is a hydra dragon. Every time you think you’ve made an improvement, you cut off one head of the accessibility dragon and two heads grow back. In particular, there are a lot of myths out there that you can’t do accessibility in an agile development environment.
- How SDET's can leverage ChroPath 5.0 for Free.
- How AI is transforming Maintenance of Existing Test Assets
- How AI is transforming testing into a truly Autonomous Territory.
Interest in continuous testing has been growing for five years now — yet the more we talk about it, the more polarized the discussion becomes. Complicating the conversation is the fact that Agile and DevOps both drive the need for continuous testing, but both require distinctly different things from a quality perspective.
Join me for a lively discussion on what’s really required for continuous testing in the context of Agile and DevOps. See live examples of how to maximize testing pipeline efficiencies and walk away with tactics you can implement today.
Wait time is the silent killer of faster application delivery and nowhere is this more true than in testing. You need to be “testing early and often” while simultaneously creating practices that standardize and automate processes so they’re easier to monitor and enforce. Join this session to see how to:
· Increase your DevTesters' efficiency in building and maintaining automation assets using multiple SDKs
· Remove bottlenecks that often slow down projects and damage quality
- Learn about the benefits of a mobile device cloud for your testing lab
- Find out if it is better to buy or a build a mobile device cloud
- Discover the five questions you should ask when deciding whether to buy or build
- What is ALP
- How ALP enables the entire team to be part of the SDLC process
- How ALP reconnects QA with customers
Start creating meaningful regression tests in minutes! Join our automation expert in a workshop where you will learn how to create robust automated functional UI tests with our all-inclusive mabl testing service. You'll create browser-agnostic, auto-healing tests, use them monitor your apps across your test and production environments, and run them at scale. Afterwards, we'll cover how machine learning pulls visual and performance regressions from your test results.
Organizations and leaders are often supportive of DevOps, but they don't always understand what DevOps is and what it will change. It isn't a one-size-fits-all issue; different environments need different benefits from a DevOps transformation. Join Gene Gotimer as he shows how to determine what parts of DevOps your organization needs to concentrate on first and how you should define success. This isn’t all strategic, high-level thinking- there is plenty of tactical, “what is the next step?” planning on how to shape your delivery pipeline to work for your...