Fundamentals of DevOps—ICAgile (2-Day)
- Explore the DevOps background, approach, and best practices
- Integrate test automation with DevOps
- Implement continuous testing
- Learn how DevOps practices and principles improve software quality and efficiency
- Understand the differences between DevOps and traditional operational methodologies
- Discover the major steps required to successfully implement delivery pipelines
Organizations today are seeking ways to improve the efficiency of both their software development efforts and operations while still meeting quality objectives. Competitive pressures and customer demands continue to reduce software product release schedules, driving the pursuit of faster software releases, which in turn requires ever more efficient testing capabilities. DevOps is the combination of development, testing, and operations and includes continuous integration, automated testing, continuous delivery, and rapid deployment practices. Because DevOps practices require confidence that changes made to the code base will function as expected, automated testing is an essential ingredient that is integrated in the process in every step and relied upon for enforcement of quality gates and to ensure overall delivery quality. This course will teach you how to avoid the common mistakes of DevOps implementations and to leverage DevOps best practices:
- Test automation
- Automate everything
- Incremental build and delivery
- Continuous improvement
- Frequent code commits
- Infrastructure as code
- Fix the build(!) prioritization
- Repeatable, reliable processes
- Collaboration and communication
- Pperations in DevOps
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to recognize positive and negative patterns of software build, test, and deployment in their organization that relate to DevOps. Key concepts that will be introduced and discussed include:
- Test strategy and implementation within a CI/CD context
- Automated quality gates
- Managing configuration
- Continuous integration and delivery
- Automated deployments
- Operations management of infrastructure and data
- Organizational impacts of DevOps implementation
Bring your specific issues and problems to the training course for discussion as well.
Who Should Attend
The audience includes software test professionals, operations engineers, software developers, project managers, and business owners.
Course Completion and Certification
Upon completion of this course the attendee will be certified by the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile) and awarded the ICAgile Professional (ICP-FDO) designation. The ICP-FDO is one of two Continuous Learning Certifications (CLCs) on the DevOps Track. The ICAgile certification fee is included with your registration for your convenience.
About the ICAgile
The International Consortium for Agile’s goal is to foster thinking and learning around agile methods, skills, and tools. The ICAgile, working with experts and organizations across agile development specialties, has captured specific learning objectives for the different agile development paths and put them on the learning roadmap. For more information visit www.icagile.com.
No specific prerequisites are assumed; however, attendees are expected to have some experience with software builds, deployments, and automated testing.
CD introduction and definition
CD best practices
Deployment automation frameworks
DevOps within an agile context
Addressing governance and policy requirements