Sunday, April 24, 2022 - 8:30am to Monday, April 25, 2022 - 5:00pm
Coaching Your Agile Team to Quality
- Develop skills to help become the quality champion for your team
- Explore approaches to proactive planning
- Understand how to influence and drive change in your testing role
- Discuss strategies to help your team identify and mitigate risk
- Learn new tools to enhance your testing
The role of testing is changing as more organizations move to agile and DevOps, team members need to be equipped to keep up with the changes. Gone are the days of bug hunting for hours on end, those in testing roles are being asked to shift left and identify potential pitfalls and defects before system testing. Those committed to championing and influencing a quality mindset are critical to successful agile projects and teams.
In this two-day course, anyone committed to quality on an agile software development team will be equipped with the skills and tools required to become their team’s quality coach. Participants will learn skills and techniques critical to quality and quality practices with a special emphasis on testing early in the pipeline and strategic test decision making.
Upon completion of this course, participants will have learned:
- Risk evaluation and mitigation strategies
- Practical techniques and hands-on experience influencing quality
- New tools and test techniques
- Understand the key quality metrics used in agile
- Skills to help drive change in agile teams
Participants will get hands-on in immersive, collaborative exercises designed to reinforce learnings.
Who Should Attend?
Experienced testers, developers, product owners, and business analysts with an interest in championing quality within their agile teams.
This course includes a mix of lecture and hands-on exercises.
Agile Quality Strategies
Introduction to TDD, ATDD, BDD
Establishing team norms for quality
Quality management systems
Leveraging Metrics in Agile
Using metrics to communicate quality
New Test Techniques
Choosing the right tests for the job
Class Daily Schedule
Sign-In/Registration 7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
Morning Session 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Lunch 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Afternoon Session 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Times represent the typical daily schedule. Please confirm your schedule at registration.
Training Course Fee Includes
• Digital course materials
• Continental breakfasts and refreshment breaks
• Letter of completion