Health and Wellness at STAREAST
We’re so excited about getting together in Orlando for an in-person conference bringing together software testing practitioners, industry experts, and organizations from around the world. The health and safety of everyone at STAREAST 2022 are of paramount importance to us.
STAREAST continues to monitor health and safety measure guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO), the US Federal Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Florida Department of Health. We will be ensuring that all applicable federal, state, and local protocols are being followed, and we have reviewed the CDC guidance for events. In addition, we will continuously evaluate our health protocols and make updates as medical recommendations evolve. As we do, we’ll update this page so you know what you can expect at STAREAST 2022.
What You Can Currently Expect at STAREAST 2022
Your health and wellness are our top priority. Therefore, we ask that any person attending STAREAST 2022 affirm and attest that: You do not currently have a COVID-19 infection nor are you experiencing or displaying symptoms of COVID-19 and you have not been exposed to COVID-19 within the last 14 days. Attendees will be asked to follow all posted recommendations highlighting social distancing and preventive measures while visiting our conference.
- Per the CDC, it is currently recommended that unvaccinated people wear masks.
- Masks will be available in the registration area.
- These requirements may be updated as public health guidance evolves.
- COVID-19 tests will be available at the registration desk for those who need them.
- Anyone who displays symptoms of COVID-19 during the conference should stay in their room and contact our staff for a test.
Conference Areas and Meeting Spacing
- The Rosen Center Hotel has a GBAC Star Facility Rating. Cleaning is done with quick-acting hydrogen peroxide-based disinfectants instead of standard alcohol-based disinfectants used previously, and they clean more frequently. Items cleaned in public spaces and guest rooms include phones, remotes, and touchpoints. In addition, hand sanitizer dispensers accessible to guests are located in all hotel public spaces and lobbies.
- Conference seating will be set to enable social distancing.
- Rosen Center COVID-19 Policy
Food and Beverage Precautions
- Rosen Center catering services will follow health and safety precautions, including adequate spacing to promote social distancing.
- Outdoor seating options for meals will be available.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the event spaces to encourage frequent hand sanitization.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as your laptop or cell phone.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact our client support team at [email protected] or 904-278-0524.
Updated: February 25, 2022